8 - jul. - 2019
UIMP Seminar on the Spanish Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy 2021-2027
On July 11th and 12th, 2019, a seminar will be held in Santander during the Summer Courses of the Menéndez Pelayo International University (UIMP by its initials in Spanish) on the Spanish Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy 2021-2027, which will be an opportunity to learn about the progress in defining this strategy, which will be key to the future of Science, Technology and Innovation in Spain.
It will be a participatory forum to collect ideas during the preparation of this strategic agenda, which is an excellent opportunity to participate.
Link to register for the course: http://www.uimp.es/agenda-linkb.html?id_actividad=64KK&anyaca=2019-20
Meeting UIMP 2019 - 11/12 of July
Spanish Strategy for Science, Technology and Innovation 2021-2027
Director: Teresa Riesgo Alcaide
Secretary: Inmaculada Bahón Arnaiz
9.30h: Welcome and opening of the course: Ángeles Heras Caballero, Secretary of State for Universities, Research, Development and Innovation of the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities (MCIU).
10.00 am: Conference: Elaboration of the Spanish Strategy of Science, Technology and Innovation 2021-2027; Teresa Riesgo Alcaide, General Director of R & D of the MCIU.
11.30h Roundtable: What does Spain need to improve its science and innovation system in the coming years?
- Enrique Playán, Director of the State Research Agency
- Javier Ponce, General Director of the Center for Industrial Technological Development
- Jesús Marco, Vice President of the CSIC
- Javier León Serrano, R+D+I Sector of the CRUE
- Luis Serrano, Director of SOMMA
Moderator: Cristina Moneo Ocaña, Deputy Director General of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
3:00 pm: Conference: Sustainable Development and R+D+i Objectives; Carlos Mataix, Director of IDT-UPM.
16: 00h: Roundtable: Science and Innovation as an economic and social engine.
- Luis Fernando Álvarez, President of the Forum of Innovative Companies
- Asier Rufino, Director of Tecnalia Ventures
- Áureo Díaz Carrasco, Executive Director FEDiT
- Paloma Sánchez Muñoz, Director of the UAM-Accenture Chair
Moderator: Gonzalo León, Chair of the UPM
9.30h: Conference: Horizon Europe; Román Arjona-Gracia, Chief Economist of the Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission.
11.30: Roundtable: National Strategies on Science and Innovation in an international environment.
- Rafael Rodrigo, General Secretary of Scientific Policy Coordination of the MCIU
- Román Arjona-Gracia, Chief Economist of the Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Helena Pereira, President of the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia de Portugal
- Changwon Lee, Delegate for Science Embassy of Korea in Madrid
Moderator: Eduard Alarcón, Professor at the UPC
13:30: Closure of the course: Teresa Riesgo Alcaide, General Director of R + D + I of the MCIU