1. Molecular Imaging od Glucose Metabolism in Oncology.
- Imaging Criteria for measuring the Metabolic Response to treatment in Oncology.
- Assessment of the role of 18F-FDG PET/CT on the effect of biologic therapy in solid tumours.
- Tissue characterization of pulmonary lesions by 18F-FDG PET/CT.
- Assessment of the role of 18F-FDG PET/CT to the nodal staging of lung cancer.
2. Molecular Imaging in the study assessment of the mineralization and inflammation of the carotid atheroma plaque.
- To define an acquisition protocol of 18F-FDG PET/CT to study the carotid plaque metabolism
- To assess the inflammation process of the carotid plaque by 18F-FDG PET/CT
- To assess the calcification process of the carotid plaque by 18FNa PET/CT
- To monitor the response to anti-inflammatory treatment by 18F-FDG PET/CT
- To study the carotid plaque stability and to identify the vulnerable plaque by molecular imaging techniques
3. Assessment and evaluation of the clinical impact of 18F-FNa PET/CT and 18F-FDG PET/CT in the management of atherosclerosis in diabetic patients.
- To establish an acquisition protocol for 18F-FNa PET/CT and 18F-FDG PET/CT for the study of atherosclerosis in diabetic patients
- To identify uptake patterns in different vascular territories of the body in diabetic patients
- To evaluate the correlation between the arterial uptake of 18F-Fna and cardiovascular risk factor of diabetes.
4. Molecular Imaging of the protein b-amyloid in the study of the cognitive impairment and assessment of its clinical impact.
- Identification of patients with Alzheimer´s disease
- To establish an acquisition protocol for b-amyloid imaging using 11C-PIB PET/CT
- To determine the 11C-PIB retention patterns in the brain
- To study the contribution of 11C-PIB PET/CT in the study of cognitive impairment
- To identify the patients with b amyloid deposit in the brain
- To assess the role of 11C-PIB in differential diagnose of dementias
- To evaluate quantitatively the contribution of 11C-PIB
5. Molecular Imaging in the early diagnosis and extension of vasculitis.
- To establish an acquisition protocol for 18F-FDG in patients with suspicion of large vessel vasculitis.
- To determine the biokinetics of FDG in the large vessels was, to establish the optimum time for image acquisition
- To identify the normal uptake patterns in different vascular territories
- To quantify the arterial wall activity in relation to the global vascular activity
- To calculate the standard uptake values ( SUV ) in normal subjects and in patients with arterial wall inflammation
6. Research and Development of new molecular imagen radiotracers.
- To study the application of radiotracers for prostate cancer recurrence
- To assess the role of 11C-methionine in primary hyperparathyroidism
- To evaluate the role of 11C-methionine in the suspicion of brain tumour recurrence
- To carry out the synthesis and clinical and to assess the clinical contribution of 18F-FLT
- To carry out the synthesis and develop.