IDIVAL has a Coordinator in charge of each Research Area designated by the Scientific Director. Coordinators Areas are:
Organ Transplants and Tissue and New Therapies Area
Marcos López Hoyos
. Coordinator of the Transplant Area of Organs and Tissues and New Therapies. Head of Immunology Service. University Hospital Marqués de Valdecilla
Miguel Lafarga Coscujuela.
Emeritus Professor. School of Medicine. University of Cantabria [+info]
Fernando Rivera Herrero.
Coordinator of the Cancer Area. Head of the Oncology Service. University Hospital Marqués de Valdecilla..[+info]
Javier Llorca Díaz.
Coordinator of the Transversal Area. Professor of Preventive Medicine and Public Health. University of Cantabria. [+info]
Infectious Diseases and Immune System Area
María Carmen Fariñas Álvarez.
Coordinator of the Area of Infectious Diseases and Immune System. Head of the Infectious Service. University Hospital Marqués de Valdecilla. Professor of the Department of Medicine and Psychiatry. University of Cantabria. [+info]
Metabolism, Diseases of Aging and Life Habits Area
José Antonio Riancho Moral.
Coordinator of the Area of Metabolism, Diseases of Aging and Habits of Life. Head of Section of the Internal Medicine Service. University Hospital Marqués de Valdecilla. Professor of the Department of Medicine and Psychiatry. University of Cantabria. [+info]
Area Coordinators have the following functions:
- Coordinate the good functioning and ensure the scientific productivity of the Research Groups that make up the Area, within the general policy defined in the Strategic Plan.
- To keep the IDIVAL Directorate permanently informed of the work of the area and the established programs, proposing the adoption of those measures that may improve the operation and provide relevant information for the preparation of the Activity Report.
- To transmit to the group leaders of the area that coordinates the information regarding the meetings of the Internal Scientific Council, the decisions of the IDIVAL Management and the organizational structure of IDIVAL.
- Represent the groups in the areas they coordinate before the Internal Scientific Council.
- Advise the Scientific Directorate and the Management Direction, especially in matters related to the operation of the area they coordinate